Monday, October 15, 2007

A New Tire Swing

Today my mom bought a tire and rope to hang a new tire swing. As soon as she told us this Marty and his friend ran outside and got the tire and me and Lexie rushed to the garage to get the ladder. We had some struggles getting the ladder high enough, in the right place, steady, etc. But we finally got it. I have to admit Lexie is a lot braver than me, because I would not climb up that ladder to tie the rope and Lexie did it right away (as long as I held the ladder).



Once the rope was tied nice and tight Lexie and I tried to make a hole in the tire. We couldn't find the drill bits so we drilled a screw through it. With a drill you can pull the screw back out with the reverse button right? I guess not. We couldn't figure out how to get the screw out! This is Marty struggling to get the screw back out of the tire.




Finally my dad came home, got the screw out, made a hole, and hung the tire! I was the first one to swing on it! Here I am!



Finally we have a new tire swing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

courtney,

That is so so cool! Congrats! You must have really wanted the tire swing to do it your selves. good job.
courtney, that picture of you is so adorable! Your hair is growing so long! Love ya!

Kay

Ruby Tuesday said...

awsome! We should hang out soon and swing on it!

Sheree said...

Wow Courtney, I'm impressed that you guys used a power drill. I don't think I discovered those until I was 20!

Good job! And CUTE picture.